Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Rebuttal

This is Shannon: So just to inform you all…. I may still have some vision problems- which then leads to some balance issues. As for discouragement, I’m pretty sure that’s pretty darn self-explanatory, I mean hey, when you can’t do all the things you could before, discouragement plays a pretty big role. As for depression however, I do not see that as an issue at all. The only things that could contribute to depression are my horrible dreams every night or some of my discouragement. Other than that though, I believe there is nothing wrong with my depression state. Take it from someone who has actually lived in the body everyone seems to be talking about. Fatigue, that’s only a little bit of cognitive fatigue, which really doesn’t count because the only time my parents ever see effects of that are when my therapists are trying to make me do something I don’t want to do! I mean hey, it’s not like it’s because of fatigue or anything, it’s just dumb in my mind. As for the impulsivity, wish I didn’t even have to go there. Because it freaking sucks how much my parents think I’m impulsive even though I’m really not. At all. The only recent thing I’ve done “impulsively” was leave my grandma’s house to walk home without telling my mom. But that was not impulsive because we had been there forever so I was just ready to go home, completely understandable. And I didn’t tell my mom because a) she already knew and b) because I was afraid she wouldn’t let me walk home. The other thing they’ve said I’ve done impulsively is that I did this worksheet without reading all the directions first. But the problem with that is that each direction told you to do something! So after I did it, then I’d read the next one, but pretty soon, I realized I had messed it up. LAME!!!
Other than that, I agree with the rest of the things my mommy already put. But I also must add that I did get a phone call from Brian Regan on my birthday!!!!! And it was freaking awesome. I know my mom has already posted that, but it’s always something to cheer me up! :) I didn’t believe him saying it was actually him but eventually I did. It was so crazy, man!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness, Shan, don't hold back! You are one tough young woman - what an example to other women your age.
    It is so hard to understand our parents sometimes. You have to understand their perspective, too. They nearly lost you! It was just so close and that would have been very tough for them. They care about and love you so much and if it seems they are beng a little over protective, well, it's not hard to understand. As a parent myself, I wish I could protect my kids all the time. This will pass. Just remember that they love you as Heavenly Father loves you and only want what's best for you and want to keep you from further harm. Just try to see it from their point of view.
    Keep up the great work, sweetie! Wow, I can't believe you will be going back to school and you will be a Senior - woo hoo! This is a fun year, make the most of it!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shannster - well I think it is safe to say that we all are standing in a certain place looking at our life from a certain view. To you it sounds like you feel very put together and very capable of doing all that you want to (whether you consider them impulsive or not) ;O) But my advise to you is to remember that God often puts watchmen in the towers for a reason, He knows we all cannot stand up there all day looking out for what is on the horizon or what is happening down below. Different people at different times will be standing over your "land of life" there to help as your watchmen in the tower - sometimes it has been me, other times your mom and dad, sometimes it is wise and loving YW leaders. Instead of fighting agaisnt their headings maybe write them down and pray for yourself to know if what they are saying is true. Agency IS an option but sometimes our own stubborness takes the truth and distorts what we are hearing and what we want to hear leaving us with very little choice.

    I love you, I pray for you and I miss you!
    Britt

    ReplyDelete