Monday, March 7, 2022

For the ONE

The most common response I receive when I ask someone if they have read my latest blog post is "Oh, are you still keeping that up?" The answer is yes; albeit not for the initial intended purposes. That kind of response can be painful, especially in a trauma-self-absorbed mindset. But as I was writing/pondering recently, I came to discover the real reason I continue to post. I am one who's body, autonomy, voice, choice, etc. are misunderstood, get overlooked, or are bypassed far too often. Because of all that I have been through, people often discount my take on the world. There are many individuals who are never able to find their truth, who never can voice their opinion, and/or they feel all alone. Because I have been given the gifts to be extremely self-aware, to be able to articulate my feelings, to be able to have compassion and relate to so many others, I want to do everything I can to ensure others are emotionally, psychologically, socially, spiritually, and intellectually fortified against whatever life may have in store for them. 

So, I share my personal insights because I feel they could relate to other people. I share the wisdom I have gained from experience so that hopefully you won't have to (experience). I get vulnerable because I believe that is the only way we can truly be honest. I share my private thoughts because I know that I’m not the only one who struggles with them. I express how the Lord is always in my life to share that if He can be in mine, He sure as heck is in yours. While I know that I don’t often do a good job of relating my experiences to yours, I hope you can feel that I do relate. And while I would like to help as many people as possible, it is more important to greatly benefit the ONE. As Dr. Suess has said, "To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment