Saturday, March 27, 2021

Clarification of the T-Shirts

 Yes I, as in Shannon L Blackham, created the design of these shirts. There is a small profit above what it takes to make the shirt; however, I do not want this month's focus to be on me. So I chose to have the profits go directly to Brain Injury Alliance of the United States. I had originally designed and posted about the shirts so quickly because I had wanted to get them out for March. If they are ordered now, they won't arrive in time to wear this March. However, I do not want to discourage the constant raising awareness all year round - not just in March. I have had an unhealthy (due to everything else I'm doing) "obsession" with trying to post something daily this month. But, something that is important for me to remember is that it is always time to teach people about the brain and how injuries can impact daily living. And something that is important for you to remember is that brain injuries do not happen just in March, or just when I post. Brain injuries happen all day, every day, with every single breath, position, waking AND sleeping. Literally every single part of my life has changed. 

Sorry for the random tangent. Back to the shirts - if you buy them, please wear them with pride and be open to talking about the message. (Not all wounds are visible - Brain Injury Awareness) Tell them what you know about brain injuries. If you send me a story of how I, or someone else you know with a TBI has impacted your life, that I can post on this blog, I'll send you a free shirt. If you have any questions about brain injuries, please, please ask them! I will answer to the best of my ability. The link for the shirts that I designed is here: https://www.bonfire.com/brain-injury-awareness-1/ I added a sweatshirt that you can purchase as well as some youth T-shirts. Please and so much Thank You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment