Tuesday, March 9, 2021

The Tide Takes Over


 Quick word from me: 

I have just started some INTENSE new therapies that work my brain hard. Using multiple different methods (Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber, Theta Bed, rTranscranial Magnetic Stimulation, passive neurofeedback, among others that I am not fully aware of yet) the current neuropathways are being disrupted in my brain to reform "proper" ones. If that doesn't make any sense, that's okay. It essentially means that I'm undergoing a lot of different systems to make my brain work better. 

It is almost 11:00 PM. I am going to do this every freaking day for the next 2 months. I have barely functioned today. I have not been capable of doing anything but rest since I got home today. But in light of Traumatic Brain Injury Awareness month, I felt like I really wanted to post something, but I knew that this would be it. I asked my blessed mother to help me. So, she has written a few posts to help me out over the next 3 weeks. So, this is her input for today.

There are days like today, when Shannon has done way more than she can tolerate well. Those
days become very overwhelming and depressing for her because she can’t accept that she can’t
do everything that she always plans. Today is one of those days. She has taken this daily blog
writing for Brain Injury Awareness Month very seriously and she desperately wanted to post
every day. So to relieve some stress for her, I told her that I would post for her. She sets her
mind to something and she becomes so deeply committed to following through that she can
make her life miserable. If you want words of wisdom from her, I recommend that you read
other blog posts that she has made. One of the favorite of mine is the one about helping
Just a tidbit about why all brain injuries are so different is because of the location of the injury.
Each part of our brain affects different aspects for who we are, what we are, what we do, what
we say, etc. If you want to know what part of the brain is responsible for what, Shannon could
tell you!! For Shannon, her accident involved her frontal lobe. According to neuroskills.com
“The frontal lobes are involved in motor function, problem solving, spontaneity, memory,
language, initiation, judgement, impulse control, and social and sexual behavior.”

1 comment:

  1. You will have to keep us posted on any possible changes due to new tx

    ReplyDelete